Devote Yourself to creating something that gives you purpose . . .

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

Tuesdays with Morrie, author Mitch Albom

Friday, August 28, 2009

Setting Goals

I received a valuable post through email the other day by a gal in our network that reminded me of the importance of setting goals. In her email she indicated that she had set a goal to give 100 facials in 100 days. I decided that because she was so motivated to write down her goals and share them with others that I would ask for a facial. I was in need of replacing my foundation and blush and thought why not support a local women's business which is one of my favorite pastimes lately.

When she arrived, we started to talk about goals as I had been following her on facebook and realized that the 100 facials was only one of her many goals. I found this to be very inspiring.

I am a list maker, each week I write down what I hope to accomplish during the week such as . . .


 1.  Update Quickbooks,
 2.  Reconcile our Bank Accounts,
 3.  Setup Appointment with . . .,
 4.  Follow-up with . . .

What I realized after spending time with Yvonne, is that she is a motivated individual that looks beyond the short-term. She has established goals in several areas of her life. With her permission I will share a few with you.

Goals by the End of August . . .
1. 30 faces by August 31 . . 20 to go . . .100 by October 31, 2009
2. Share my business opportunity with women
3. Add 5 new team members . . have 3 new this month so far
4. Bike 25 miles in 1.5 hours, have made 20 miles in 1.5 hours thus far
5. Eat healthy, love life, and share my spiritual awareness with others

She had laid out the same type of goals for September (but looking for greater accomplishments), and she has also laid out her Long Term goals.



Yvonne, thank you for the facial, but also thank you for the inspiration. It is women like you who have an a positive impact on the world around you.  At the bottom of her email messages she also share words of inspiration.

To quote only one . . .


"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"
 (Eleanor Roosevelt)


Yvonne Viera is a Mary Kay consultant with hopes to regain her directorship within the Mary Kay consulting business. Even in her signature she indicates a goal which is National Sales Director by 2014. I believe she will make it well in advance of that date. She can be reached at www.marykay.com/ykviera. I hope that you will help her reach her goals of 100 faces in 100 days.


Yvonne will be joining me on the Board of Directors for 3 Degrees-Connected™ so you will be hearing more from her.


If you have been busy setting goals, please leave comments to share some of your goals with others. I believe that women supporting women means learning more about one another. By sharing your goals, you might just make the needed connection to accomplish them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have value, please leave a comment.