Devote Yourself to creating something that gives you purpose . . .

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

Tuesdays with Morrie, author Mitch Albom

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Best $88 I've Ever Spent

Today I went to my local post office to acquire a P.O. Box for my business. As my business begins to gain national exposure, I felt it was time to stop broadcasting my home-based business address.


I have been shipping more and more products from my home and had recently subscribed to Stamps.com and the new USPS system "Click and Ship". Since I was at the post office, I thought it would be a great time to have several questions answered about "Click and Ship", as well as, determine whether the new flat rate boxes would be a practical solution for my business needs.

I had several products on hand, so I brought them in with me. The postmaster was willing to work with me on shipping options using boxes, tyvex envelopes, and answer questions about using a heat-sealed poly-bag. By testing out several methods for shipping one unit verses several units, the postmaster came up with a solution that I would not have thought acceptable. Finding the right solution for shipping my products with free packaging supplies was a bargain. If you've not visited your local post office and asked specific questions related to your packing and shipping needs, you should.



While working with the postmaster, a line formed behind me and several people became actively interested in my products asking where they could acquire one or more. So not only did I solve my shipping quandary this morning, I also gained product exposure and set up some potential sales.

So there how the story goes, this is the best $88 I ever spent . . . thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have value, please leave a comment.