Devote Yourself to creating something that gives you purpose . . .

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

Tuesdays with Morrie, author Mitch Albom

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

There's Your Sign

At least once a week, I like to make a network connection and yesterday I was networking with a local woman inventor. We had planned a trip to the manufacturing facility that is making my products and I felt like it would be a good connection for her. It was wonderful to share lunch with someone who shared my interest in "invention". She spoke of her background, her design, the utility patent she just filed and it was so refreshing to share this experience with her.

While at the manufacturing facility, it was pretty plan to see that the connection made between inventor and manufacturer was going very well. They exchanged ideas on the best construction methods, materials, and timing.

On the way home, the conversation centered around questions. Quite often an inventing mind will ask lots of questions, and I was privy to hearing some questions a loud.

"I wonder if . . . ,
should I think about this . . .,
what will be my best resources . . ."

you get the idea.

As the inventor was asking questions, I looked up from my driving and saw the perfect sign which read "God loves a good puzzle . . ." We had a good laugh over that one and then she exclaimed, "I wonder if He was talking to me . . . "

On the opposite side of the road the billboard read "AVAILABLE".

If you are familiar with the popular Blue Collar Comedian, Bill Engvall, I couldn't help myself and said "Here's Your Sign".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have value, please leave a comment.