Devote Yourself to creating something that gives you purpose . . .

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

Tuesdays with Morrie, author Mitch Albom

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Intention Experiment

Thought is a thing that affects other things . . .

Listening to a recent program on "intention", Lynne McTaggart discussed her scientific research in the area of intention and its impact on the world we live in. She reveals that we are sending messages out to the universe through our thoughts, and we all have more thoughts that we are unaware of than ones we are. Through a series of experiments, a new science is emerging which indicates that we may have more power to change the world than we think.

As business owners this message should be one that gets my attention.

What are my business goals?
What messages am I sending out to the universe (with and without awareness)?

If I want to have a greater impact on the outcome, I need to bring more clarity to my goals. Writing out my goals will show me my level of clarity. If writing these goals is a struggle, then this might be the underlying cause for my level of success. Once I gain clarity around my business goals, I need to look at my internal dialogue regarding these goals.

What "thought" obstacles are getting in the way?
Does my self-talk help or hinder my success?



Setting my goals is not about making money or accumulating things, but about what I hope to accomplish with those resources.


Lynne McTaggart is not conducting experiments to create millionaires, but has a philanthropic target toward her experiments.


Lynne has published a book called "The Intention Experiment"; she also has a web-based experiment that allows focus groups participate in her study.

I hope this topic will create clarity in the intentions you have toward growing your businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have value, please leave a comment.